Written by John Fox on September 15, 2022
COVID-19 BULLETIN BOARD AND RESOURCE LISTINGS – New or updated items listed in bold
- Vaccination has transitioned from county-sponsored sites operated by major healthcare providers to retail pharmacies and pop-ups. Check CVS, RiteAid, Walmart, and other pharmacy sites as well as county and state-sponsored sites.
- California web page for vaccination eligibility and scheduling at major vaccination sites
- Answers to questions about the Covid vaccines from The New York Times (paywall as of 1/1/22).
- San Diego County Health Department immunization unit web page.
- San Diego County vaccination locations and appointment scheduling or call 2-1-1. County hosted sites are now open to walk-ins without an appointment.
- Riverside County vaccination locations and appointment scheduling
- Main scheduling site
GENERAL PANDEMIC INFORMATION
- Masks are no longer required by the state in all indoor public spaces for those who are fully vaccinated. The unvaccinated are still required to mask-up when indoors. CDC is currently recommending masks for everyone indoors in public places.
- Check with individual school districts for local Covid restrictions and mask mandates.
- Federal – coronavirus.gov . And the CDC’s YouTube channel with dozens of informative videos. https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLvrp9iOILTQaJa78zFQ0QgvShQ2HEwHxP
- State – Covid19.CA.gov
- San Diego County – SanDiegoCounty.gov/coronavirus or https://www.sandiegocounty.gov/content/sdc/hhsa/programs/phs/community_epidemiology/dc/2019-nCoV.html
- San Diego County interactive case statistics map by community and zip code – https://sdcounty.maps.arcgis.com/apps/opsdashboard/index.html#/e09887e8e65d4fda847aa04c480dc73f
- Riverside County – RiversideCA.gov
- For Indian Health Services – IndianHealth.com. Their Nurse Line is 760 751 6019
- Worldwide COVID-19 statistics. – https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/
- How are the numbers trending in the U.S.? https://www.covidexitstrategy.org/
To receive text updates from the San Diego County Health Department, text COSD COVID19 to 468311.
For questions related to COVID-19, call 211 or visit www.211sandiego.org, for access to community, health, social, and disaster services, and to report businesses violating county health orders.
Here are statistics for the entire country
- Pala Casino is open. The hotel is open and now completely smoke-free. Seven food and beverage options are open with social distancing and limited menus and hours of operation to allow for additional sanitizing. Choices Buffet is permanently closed. Masks are optional for guests who have been full vaccinated, and mandatory for those who are not fully vaccinated. Masks and gloves will be provided to guests upon request. Cleaning and disinfecting will continue to focus on “high touch” areas including handrails, elevator buttons, doors and countertops. Hand sanitizing stations are available throughout the property. Smoking is permitted in designated areas. Live nightly entertainment at the Center Bar. No valet parking for now. The Fitness Center and Spa remain closed for now. https://www.palacasino.com/reopening-faqs/
- Pala Resort RV Park is open with restrictions. There is currently no shuttle service. The pool, restrooms and clubhouse are open during business hours only until further notice.
- Pala Fitness Center is open with restrictions. Hours are Monday through Friday, 6a to 9p. Saturdays 8a to 4p. And Sundays 8a to noon. http://www.palatribe.com/businesses/pala-fitness-center/
- Pala Skate Park is open. http://www.palatribe.com/businesses/pala-skatepark/
- Fox Raceway in Pala is open. www.facebook.com/foxraceway
- The Wells Fargo Bank branch inside Pala Administration Building has reopened. The Wells Fargo ATM at Pala Mini Mart is open.
- All local casinos are now open.
- Masks are optional for all Pala tribal employees, vendors and other visitors except in designated high-risk departments. Social distancing of 6 feet, hand sanitizing and other safety measures are still recommended.
- Californians, are no longer required to wear masks in most indoor public places. It’s now only a recommendation. Effective March 1, this applies to everyone, regardless of vaccination status. It applied in schools beginning March 12. Masks are now optional on public transportation, in airports and in taxis. Masks and other coverings don’t have to be hospital grade, but N95 is recommended. Cotton fabric which can easily be washed and reused has proven to be less effective at preventing the spread of coronavirus.
- County Health advises that anyone who is sick with anything – diagnosed or not, stay home and not return to work until at least 3 days after they are fever-free without the use of fever-reducing medicines and at least 7 days after symptoms began. They define fever as 100 degrees or more.
- Pala Administration requires a negative test before returning to work after a quarantine.
- Free Covid testing is available adjacent to Pala RV Resort 10a to 3p Tuesdays, Wednesdays and Thursdays. No appointment needed. But pre-registration is required at this link.
- All enrolled American Indian and Alaskan Natives can request Non-Recurrent, Short-Term Benefits through the Southern California Tribal Chairmen’s Association’s TANF program. Details at the SCTCA Tribal TANF web page. https://sctca.net/tribal-tanf/
- Rite-Aid offers Covid-19 testing by appointment at no cost for anyone 18 or older even if they don’t have symptoms. Results take three to five days. Instant test results are available at some locations on certain days. Regular testing Monday through Friday 10a to 8p and Saturdays and Sundays 10a to 5p at the Rite-Aids on South Mission in Fallbrook, Cole Grade Road in Valley Center and 1201 South Coast Highway in Oceanside.
- CVS Health has free drive-thru COVID-19 testing at select pharmacy locations nationwide. You must meet CDC criteria as well as state and age guidelines. Qualify yourself, find a location, and make the appointment online at CVS.com
- San Diego County has a list of free Covid-19 testing sites that it operates dawn to dusk
- County Behavioral Health also has resources for Taking Care of Your Family During Disease Outbreaks and Managing Your Mental Health during pandemic.
- CBH’s number for the Access & Crisis Line to help manage stress and anxiety is 888 724 7240. In San Diego County you can also call 211.
- Because air quality affects breathing which is a concern with COVID-19, Current local air quality by zip code from the EPA and SoCalAQMD is available at AirNow.
- The Pala Admin kitchen is delivering senior meals daily Monday through Friday. To sign up for meal delivery or shopping for necessities, Pala seniors can contact Shannon or Samantha at 760 891 3505 or 3507. The senior table at Pala Admin is open for communal dining Monday through Friday. The kitchen is open for take-out meals for employees.
- Feeding San Diego maintains a food-finder map at FeedingSanDiego.org/find-food .
- The San Diego County Farm Bureau has compiled a list of local farmers and ranchers that are selling their products directly to consumers.
- Riverside County has a mapshowing where senior meals, school meals and food pantries are available.
- The Youth Center is open from 10a to 4p daily to all children.
- Native language classes in Pa’enexily have resumed online for Bonsall High School students. Contact Pala Learning Center for details. 760 742 1997
- Subscribe to PBS KIDS’ daily newsletter with activities and tips for kids at home.
- Get the PBS KIDS’ app for downloadable games.
- Other Home learning resources for pre-K through 12.
BUSINESS & FINANCE
- Here’s a list of resources for North County businesses from the San Diego North Economic Development Council.
- The Get My Payment portal allows you to check the status and arrange for direct deposit of your stimulus payment from the IRS.
- SDG&E is offering a bill discount program to help customers impacted by the pandemic. A pair of plans with applications available online at SDGE.com could lower utility bills by 18 to 30% for those who’ve recently become unemployed or are receiving unemployment benefits.
- All DMV services are now online with increased grace periods for expiring licenses, IDs and vehicle registrations. Not all commercial licenses have grace periods or can be completed fully online.
Mass at Pala Mission Church is being broadcast live on Rez Radio 91.3 and streamed live at www.RezRadio.FM every Sunday at 8a.
While supplies last, any donation of at least $50 towards non-profit, non-commercial Rez Radio 91.3 earns the donor a free Amazon Alexa Dot smart speaker. Contact Rez Radio at 760 742 4200 or email firstname.lastname@example.org for details.
The following contest rules and regulations apply to contests brought to you by Rez Radio. Read post for specific contest rules.
GENERAL CONTEST RULES
Rez Radio 91.3 contests are open to everyone 18 and over unless otherwise specified. One prize per person no more than once every 30 days. No substitutions or increase of quantity. Prizes can be picked up upon presentation of photo ID at the front desk of the Pala Administration building during regular business hours Monday through Friday a couple of hours after the prize is awarded. ID required. Alternatively, most prizes can be mailed but Rez Radio assumes no responsibility for prizes not received or otherwise lost in the mail. Lost prizes will not be replaced. For contests conducted on social media, publication of answers by the venue determines the order in which entries were received. No ties.