Written by John Fox on May 14, 2020
COVID-19 BULLETIN BOARD AND RESOURCE LISTINGS – New or updated items listed in bold
- California web page for vaccination eligibility and scheduling at major vaccination sites
- Answers to questions about the Covid vaccines from The New York Times.
- San Diego County Health Department immunization unit web page.
- San Diego County vaccination locations and appointment scheduling or call 2-1-1. County hosted sites are now open to walk-ins without an appointment.
- Riverside County vaccination locations and appointment scheduling
- Main scheduling site
GENERAL PANDEMIC INFORMATION
- Federal – coronavirus.gov . And the CDC’s YouTube channel with dozens of informative videos. https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLvrp9iOILTQaJa78zFQ0QgvShQ2HEwHxP
- State including color code re-opening county-by-county status – Covid19.CA.gov
- San Diego County – SanDiegoCounty.gov/coronavirus or https://www.sandiegocounty.gov/content/sdc/hhsa/programs/phs/community_epidemiology/dc/2019-nCoV.html
- San Diego County interactive case statistics map by community and zip code – https://sdcounty.maps.arcgis.com/apps/opsdashboard/index.html#/e09887e8e65d4fda847aa04c480dc73f
- Riverside County – RiversideCA.gov or https://www.rivcoph.org/coronavirus
- Pala – http://www.palatribe.com/covid-19-coronavirus-outbreak
- For Indian Health Services – IndianHealth.com. Their Nurse Line is 760 751 6019
- Worldwide COVID-19 statistics. – https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/
- How are the numbers trending in the U.S.? https://www.covidexitstrategy.org/
To receive text updates from the San Diego County Health Department, text COSD COVID19 to 468311.
For questions related to COVID-19, call 211 or visit www.211sandiego.org, for access to community, health, social, and disaster services, and to report businesses violating county health orders.
- Pala Casino is open. Gaming floor occupancy is limited to 50% of capacity. The hotel is open with limited availability. Seven food and beverage options are open with social distancing and limited menus and hours of operation to allow for additional sanitizing. Choices Buffet, The Oak Room, and Sushi Sake are temporarily closed. Cleaning and disinfecting will focus on “high touch” areas including handrails, elevator buttons, doors and countertops. Non-invasive thermal cameras are scanning all team member and guest entrances. Anyone showing a high temperature will be asked to leave. A reconfigured gaming floor will allow fewer seats at each table and fewer operational slot machines. Social distancing will be enforced in lines and at restaurants. Hand sanitizing stations are available throughout the property. Hygiene signage is posted throughout. There will be proactive monitoring and removal of guests showing outward flu-like symptoms. Team members will wear masks. And all guests will be asked to wear face coverings. Smoking is permitted in designated areas. Live nightly entertainment at the Center Bar. No valet parking for now. The Fitness Center and Spa remain closed for now. https://www.palacasino.com/reopening-faqs/
- Pala Resort RV Park is open with restrictions. There is currently no shuttle service. The pool, restrooms and clubhouse are open during business hours only until further notice.
- Pala Fitness Center is open with restrictions. Hours are Monday through Friday, 6a to 9p. Saturdays 8a to 4p. And Sundays 8a to noon. http://www.palatribe.com/businesses/pala-fitness-center/
- Pala Skate Park is open with restrictions, new hours and new pricing. http://www.palatribe.com/businesses/pala-skatepark/
- Fox Raceway in Pala is open with restrictions. Find out more on Instagram. https://www.instagram.com/foxraceway/
- The grounds of the Pala Administration Building and sports complex are available for walking and getting some fresh air as long as social distancing is observed. The ball fields, basketball and tennis courts are closed.
- The Wells Fargo Bank branch inside Pala Administration Building is closed until further notice. The Wells Fargo ATM at Pala Mini Mart is open.
- Most local casinos are now open with restrictions.
- Pala tribal employees are required to wear masks whenever working in common areas or working with others.
- Everyone in California should wear a face covering when out in public within six feet of non-family members. Masks and other coverings don’t have to be hospital grade. Any cotton fabric which can easily be washed and reused will do.
- County Health advises that anyone who is sick with anything – diagnosed or not, stay home and not return to work until at least 3 days after they are fever-free without the use of fever-reducing medicines and at least 7 days after symptoms began. They define fever as 100 degrees or more.
- All enrolled American Indian and Alaskan Natives can request Non-Recurrent, Short-Term Benefits through the Southern California Tribal Chairmen’s Association’s TANF program. Details at the SCTCA Tribal TANF web page. https://sctca.net/tribal-tanf/
- Rite-Aid offers Covid-19 testing by appointment at no cost for anyone 18 or older even if they don’t have symptoms. Results take three to five days. Monday through Friday 10a to 8p and Saturdays and Sundays 10a to 5p at the Rite-Aids on South Mission in Fallbrook, Cole Grade Road in Valley Center and 1201 South Coast Highway in Oceanside.
- CVS Health has free drive-thru COVID-19 testing at select pharmacy locations nationwide. You must meet CDC criteria as well as state and age guidelines. Qualify yourself, find a location, and make the appointment online at CVS.com
- San Diego County has a list of over 50 free Covid-19 testing sites that it operates dawn to dusk
- Covid-19 testing free and open to the public with an appointment from 10a to 3p weekdays in Pala Casino parking lot near the RV Resort. Free Antibody tests are offered on Wednesdays. Call 760 292 6111 to schedule.
- County Behavioral Health also has resources for Taking Care of Your Family During Disease Outbreaks and Managing Your Mental Health during pandemic.
- CBH’s number for the Access & Crisis Line to help manage stress and anxiety is 888 724 7240. In San Diego County you can also call 211.
- Because air quality affects breathing which is a concern with COVID-19, Current local air quality by zip code from the EPA and SoCalAQMD is available at AirNow.
- The Pala Admin kitchen is delivering senior meals daily Monday through Friday. To sign up for meal delivery or shopping for necessities, Pala seniors can contact Shannon or Samantha at 760 891 3505 or 3507. The senior table at Pala Admin is now once again closed for communal dining. The kitchen will be open for take-out meals for employees from 11:30a to noon Tuesdays and Fridays. Other days are delivery-only.
- Casino Pauma’s drive-up store closed in December due to wind damage. It’s expected to reopen sometime in May 2021. https://www.paumatribe.com/shop/
- Feeding San Diego maintains a food-finder map at FeedingSanDiego.org/find-food .
- The San Diego County Farm Bureau has compiled a list of local farmers and ranchers that are selling their products directly to consumers.
- Here’s a link of safety tips for anyone about to visit the grocery store from the Wall Street Journal.
- Riverside County has a mapshowing where senior meals, school meals and food pantries are available.
- The Youth Center is open from 10a to 4p daily for children of working Pala employees only.
- Pala Learning Center is open for pickup of school materials with all tutoring being done remotely via Zoom. Study with in-person assistance, tablets and WiFi is available weekdays from 8a to 4p at Pala Administration Center main hall. 760 742 1997 email@example.com
- All Bonsall schools are now back to in-class instruction on a limited hybrid schedule. Here’s a link for the Distance Learning plan . Materials for many Bonsall High School classes are available from the Pala Learning Center. 760 891 3538 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- Native language classes in Pa’enexily have resumed online for Bonsall High School students. Contact Pala Learning Center for details. 760 742 1997
- Fallbrook High School’s hybrid learning schedule is available at https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Cglk4lPpZKEf6H45T8o5HM3oAaptYHgc/view . Distance learning info is available at FallbrookHS.FUHSD.net . The elementary district has distance learnings links at its website, www.FUESD.org
- The Valley Center Pauma district website has a page dedicated to Distance Learning resources. https://sites.google.com/vcpusd.org/vcpusd-distance-learning
- Distance learning is currently underway in the Temecula Valley schools including Great Oak High School. A link is provided for learning paths and questions about Distance Learning for Temecula Valley https://www.smore.com/s8rga
- Subscribe to PBS KIDS’ daily newsletter with activities and tips for kids at home.
- Get the PBS KIDS’ app for downloadable games.
- Other Home learning resources for pre-K through 12.
- Intertribal Sports Virtual Physical Education Classes are being held via a Zoom meeting. To get your kids involved, email email@example.com
BUSINESS & FINANCE
- Here’s a list of resources for North County businesses from the San Diego North Economic Development Council.
- The city of Temecula has a list of local businesses with their open/closed status.
- The Get My Payment portal allows you to check the status and arrange for direct deposit of your stimulus payment from the IRS.
- SDG&E is offering a bill discount program to help customers impacted by the pandemic. A pair of plans with applications available online at SDGE.com could lower utility bills by 18 to 30% for those who’ve recently become unemployed or are receiving unemployment benefits.
- All DMV services are now online with increased grace periods for expiring licenses, IDs and vehicle registrations. Not all commercial licenses have grace periods or can be completed fully online.
Mass at Pala Mission Church is being broadcast live on Rez Radio 91.3 and streamed live at www.RezRadio.FM every Sunday at 8a.
While supplies last, any donation of at least $50 towards non-profit, non-commercial Rez Radio 91.3 earns the donor a free Amazon Alexa Dot smart speaker. Contact Rez Radio at 760 742 4200 or email firstname.lastname@example.org for details.
The following contest rules and regulations apply to contests brought to you by Rez Radio. Read post for specific contest rules.
GENERAL CONTEST RULES
Rez Radio 91.3 contests are open to everyone 18 and over unless otherwise specified. One prize per person no more than once every 30 days. No substitutions or increase of quantity. Prizes can be picked up upon presentation of photo ID at the front desk of the Pala Administration building during regular business hours Monday through Friday a couple of hours after the prize is awarded. ID required. Alternatively, most prizes can be mailed but Rez Radio assumes no responsibility for prizes not received or otherwise lost in the mail. Lost prizes will not be replaced. For contests conducted on social media, publication of answers by the venue determines the order in which entries were received. No ties.